Improve Life with specialised English tutoring, we equip professionals for success.
Our workplace and business English lessons help you clearly communicate your talent to your employer and your clients in English. We give you the skills to build confidence and to communicate effectively in English. Our experienced and dedicated tutors can design a Business English and English-for-Work Program to suit your exact needs and meet your workplace requirements. Our one on one private English courses for adults who are professionals will see you achieve your goals. Our aim is to help you achieve your personal and professional language goals so you can perform your job more effectively, efficiently and with greater confidence. We give you the skills:
- To be confident in your job
- To participate more in various workplace settings
- To understand what is going on in meetings
- To increase your fluency and comprehension for workplace communication
- To clearly articulate and explain the details of a current project or issue
- To help you excel in communication, to develop your career
Example Lesson Plan on Giving a Presentation:
- Conversation: Share personal news and raise any language questions.
- Pronunciation: Making the sound /a/, demonstration and practice, create personal word list, contrast with /e/ and /u/. Word-stress practice, reading aloud.
- Grammar & Vocabulary: Discussion on giving presentations: learn set phrases, stages and communication techniques.
- Presentation Practice: Integration of all skills: Trainee gives a presentation which is recorded for review and feedback.
- Homework/ Revision: Revise and practise corrections to review giving a presentation next lesson
Outline of Topics Covered:
Grammar and Reading
Exercises to correct any gaps in your grammar, including verb tenses, preposition usage, question forms, linking words and complex sentence structures.
Learn strategies for reading to increase comprehension, speed, personal lexicon and language usage improvement.
Meetings and Negotiating
Improve speaking and listening skills with common expressions and functional language structures for participating effectively, clarifying, commenting, expressing a view, requesting, persuading, reasoning and understanding how to employ neutral/positive tone.
Business and Industry- Specific Vocabulary
Extend and refine accuracy in vocabulary for job requirements and routine workplace communication: written and verbal, including building your personal lexicon and forming natural collocations.
Emails – email conventions, layout, etiquette, formal and casual writing styles. Includes analysis and monitoring of examples of own emails
Report Writing – study the correct mechanics and formatting of reports for your workplace, analysing own written material with tutor correction and feedback.
Tutor-coaching to develop presentation skills for confident delivery, sound content and clear structure with appropriate phrases, sign-post markers and explanations.